HISTORY OF PTG (LANDS AND MINES OFFICE OF JOHOR)
The Johor Land and Mines Office was established based on the Constitution of Johor in 1895, the Constitution (Second List), the Public Service Commission Enactment of Johor State No. 4 1959 and the National Land Code 1965.
In Section.12 (1) of the National Land Code 1965, the State Authority may appoint a Director of Lands and Mines for the State, a Registrar of Titles, Assistants of Lands and Mines, Deputy Registrar of Titles, the District Land Administrators, Assistant District Land Administrators, the Assistant Officers for settlements and other officials, in which the authorities may deem fit.
Sir Duke Abraham is a British citizen and the First Director of Land and Mines of Johor with its office in Sultan Ibrahim Building, Johor Bahru, Johor. Dato 'Zakaria Sulong is the first Malay who was appointed as the Director of Lands and Mines of Johor State.
In the early 1960s, the government has AGREED to separate the administration between District Land Offices and Land Offices. The purpose of the separation is mainly due to these offices have different objectives and functions. The regulations, laws and the fields of work adopted are aslo different and these factors contributed to the reasons why the offices are separated. The main reason is to facilitate the general public as well as an easier and more effective delivery to the targeted groups.
The Johor State comprise of 4 Districts was originally Endau, Muar, Batu Pahat and Old Johor. Later it became the 8th district and 5 sub-districts where District Land Office is separated. These districts include Johor Bahru, Muar, Batu Pahat, Segamat, Kluang, Kota Tinggi, Pontian and Mersing. Sub Districts were Muar, Kulai, Kamat, Labis and Pengerang. In 2008, the State made history when two sub districts of Kulai and Tangkat was hailed as a big area and changed its name to Kulaijaya and Muar.
Originally the Johor Land and Mines Office Building was located in Johor State Government Offices at Jalan Bukit Jalan Bukit Timbalan Johor Bahru, now known as Sultan Ibrahim Building.
At the beginning of 2009, the Land and Mines Office has been relocated to Dato’ Muhammad Salleh Perang Building’s, in Iskandar City as the Johor State Government has provide a new Government Administration Centre known as Nusajaya, Johor Bahru.